Sunday 4 August 2013

[MMO] So I Had Some Fun...


Warning... this is going to be a picture heavy post! I don't really know how to make it less picture heavy (apart from get rid of pictures) and one picture is especially huge but just bear with me... it's full of pretty Final Fantasy XIV characters.


As you may all already know, on August 1st Square Enix released a new benchmark along with some character creation for all of us to play with as we eagerly await the release of Final Fantasy XIV.

I was exceptionally bored today so I played around with it for a few hours and came out with a few designs. I thought I would share them all here. I did a lot of them but I only ended up like 3 or 4 ... I'm picky. I'm also not that adventurous with designs as others are, but hey, I try my best.

Any way, I also got Photoshop CS6 back again today (like the new banner? It is should be way better quality but blogger took a huge crap on it) so I created this little introductory image...

Yaaay!

I made this purely to get back into Photoshop... but I liked enough so I thought I would put it here. The Miqo'te in that is the first design I did, and was originally the design I was going to go with but then I ended up playing with it more and...

Out came this cutie. (She is also the Miqo'te in my banner! She will be this blogs mascot... for now). Whenever I make Miqo'tes, I usually always make them Seekers of the Sun, but instead decided to experiment with a Keeper of the Moon...

Those eyes. Her eyes are white so they kind of all blend in but those eyes. I absolutely love how large their pupils are! I love how the Seekers of the Sun have small pupils and huge irises, but I love how the Keepers of the Moon have huge pupils and little irises... it's just too cute ♡

I think she will make a purrrfect Thaumarturge. 

Then, I went onto make a Roedagyn... Such strong women.

I originally went with this hairstyle...

But I thought it was too subtle and for such a strong looking character it didn't suit her. So after some playing around...

I saved this as "choo choo motherf*cker...apologies.

YEAH, THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!

I absolutely love this design. I was really chuffed with myself. Her hair looks like fire man, and look at that pose! I made her eyes a bright crystal blue to contrast with her skin and eyes. Man, if I wasn't so dead set on Miqo'te, this would be my main. She rocks my socks. 

Then after I had my fun being inspired by my Roedagyn, I went back to Miqo'te, but this time went male...


I tried to go for a ... I don't even know. Think Baywatch. I love female Miqo'tes but I love the males more. Haha. Out of all the characters, they are perfectly proportional, and just look awesome. I usually don't like facial hair on a character but this guy looked super baby-faced without it so I had to add it :'D. But he is my favourite. What a babe.


I am proud of him. So, I will let this guy see you out. ;)

But in all seriousness, if you haven't already, download the benchmark! I linked it here in this post, download it, see how the game runs on your computer... then get making some characters! The character creation is really flexible and you can do so much more with it - I am just a boring old fart when it comes to character designs. You can really get some unique designs out of it if you spend enough time on it. This here is just a small taste of what you can do.

I wanna see your creations! Link me them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment